BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Batteries at RiteAid

The battery deal at RiteAid this week is not too shab. If you purchase $20 (before coupons) worth of Duracell batteries, there is a $10 rebate. Plus, there are store coupons and manufacturer's coupons from this past Sunday's paper that bring the price down even more. Also, if you're interested in the P&G extra coupon book, Duracell batteries count towards earning that. (By the way, I called P&G today and the $50 of product purchases do not have to be on the same receipt, just all receipts have to be included with the mail-in form).

So here's how I worked it this morning that I'm pretty proud of:
1. I transferred a random prescription to RiteAid and got a $30 gift card for the purchase. Cost: $4 of flex spending money for the prescription
2. I purchased an 8-pack of C batteries, one 4-pack of C batteries, and a pack of Pampers diapers, all P&G products. I used manufacturer's coupons from this past Sunday and store coupons which knocked the price down by $6.50. Total due: $27.45
3. I filled out the mail-in rebate online (because I'll need the receipt for P&G) to get $10 back.
4. I used the gift card to pay for everything and have a few dollars remaining.
5. Actual money from bank account spent: $0
6. Credit towards special coupon book: $30-something, $20-something to go
7. Joy of saving money: priceless

4 comments:

The Evans Family said...

Just a note regardng batteries. Even with the $10 rebate, the batteries are cheaper at Walmart. At Walmart, you can buy 20 AA Duracell batteries for $10.50 (which brings the average cost per battery to $0.53). With the 1/2 off sale at Rite Aid, the batteries average $0.75/battery (a 4 back of batteries selling for $5.99...then take 1/2 off for the rebate).

Sorry, I'm not trying to burst your bubble, Katie, b/c you still made a great sale!

Leslie said...

Has anyone downloaded the price book off of PYP website? If not, just search price book on their website, it's a spreadsheet in excel, and it's a great tool to use for things like this--if you're not sure if a price is considered 3, 4, or 5 stars because you don't buy them that often. I had previously, well, I am still, putting my coupons in a box and I didn't want to carry around extra things when I shop. However, I did order a coupon binder, (I'm waiting til Christmas to open it--building up the excitement) so that I could stick my ads, price book, etc. all in the same place AND have them with me when I shop.
Like Terri said, I have found quite a few things that always end up being cheaper at Walmart or Costco, and it's nice to use the price book as a reference...

Leslie said...

UPDATE:
here is the link for the price list--I had a hard time finding it when I searched it...
http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88830&highlight=price+point
hope that works.

The Evans Family said...

Leslie, thanks for the list - that will be SO helpful in deciding if something is a good deal. I'll put this link up on the left side of the blog (where the links to the grocery websites are listed), so it'll be easy to find in the future.