BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

Coy Catalinas

I discovered today that the register rewards at Walgreens don't print if you use a coupon to get them. For example: Bought Gillette Fusion at $9.49 with register rewards for $2.50. I couldn't combine that transaction with my Huggies purchase because I was using a coupon for the Huggies. I had to do two separate transactions to get the catalina to print. I then went to another Walgreens on my way home to purchase a Venus Embrace razor. It was the same register reward deal as the Fusion. I figured I could use my previous register rewards toward this and still get my catalina. (Don't ask why I thought that. It now makes no sense.) Didn't work. I think this is a crummy deal. Combining coupons with catalinas used to be great and the store still got their money from the coupon. I wash my hands of the situation, but I'll have a lot fewer reasons to go to Walgreens from now on.

0 comments: