BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 10, 2009

great deal at the arts festival in down town


We took our kids to the arts festival in downtown St. George today - free face painting and hair decorating for the kids, free craft projects, great art, and yummy (expensive) food.
But I wanted to tell you about a booth at the festival that, to me, seems like a great deal. There is a booth hosted by the Washington County School disctrict, selling the pottery work of two brothers. They are high school kids and won a national competition for their work. However, their prices are SSOO reasonable - anywhere from $5 for the "mommy pots" (the two pots on the right in the pic above), or $25-$40 for some pitchers & bowls of different sizes/colors/shapes (the green pot on the left cost me $30). When I talked to them about how inexpensive their pottery was, compared to some of the other booths at the show, and the fact that their work was just as good, if not better - one of the boys said they didn't think it was right to price their own work so high when they are able to make it for free at their high school. I was so impressed with how honest and nice they seemed - and they really do have great quality pottery work at their booth. If you get a chance to go to the arts festival, I highly recommend you check out their booth! They are located right next to one of the tables that has free crafts for the kids - just a little bit north of the library parking lot.

1 comments:

Marianne Hales Harding said...

Oh, I love the Arts Festival. My favorite festival here in St. George! I agree that the kids' pottery was very nice. I love seeing the different artists as well. Some are even painting at their booths, which is really fun for the kids to see. There is a great sculptor who does various pottery with a frog motif. Very whimsical and fun. Really wanted to spend a couple hundred at that booth! (My favorite piece cost $450) It was a really fun evening for my little painter and I and it didn't cost us a thing.